|| General information ||
• Full drawing's title: Der Vogel im goldenen Käfig. (The bird in the golden cage.)
• Characters: Guilleaume Chevrier (left), Antoine Henrie Giraudoux duc de Saint-Étienne (right)
• Style: watercolour
• Time: aprox. 40 hours
• Sketch drawn on: Mai 2012
• Coloured on: July 2012|| Description ||"Guilleaume gazed up to the sky. A sigh escaped his throat as he followed a couple of birds with his gaze. How would it feel to be free? How gladly he would like to spread out his wings to glide through the air… But he was kept enclosed, caged like a pet. Will-less. Companionless. Selfless."
This drawing shows two of the four main characters of my comic project "Gedenke, dass du sterben musst."
("Remember your mortality.") and it tells the relationship between the boy and the aristocrat. As you may already have noticed at their clothing and names, this story takes place in France during the reign of Louis XIV, the Sun King, in 1662-64. This time is characterizised by absolute monarchy which endured until the French Revolution in 1789. During this time there was no “equality” or “freedom of the individual” since this period was rife with feudalism and the “Estates of the realm” system of society. This means, society was divided up into 3 groups – aristocrats, clergy and peasants – while the latter represented the majority of French society with aprox. 95%. Most peasants performed compulsory labor since they’ve been either in dept or due to the fact that it appeared like a safe work since you were supported by your landlord in exchange of high dues.
On tumblr.com you can take a look at a shoot of this drawing still in unfinished state: [link]|| Tools ||
• Sketch: 0.5mm mechanical pencil
• Colours: watercolour, golden acrylics, black ink
• Music: Jean-Baptiste Lully, Antonio Vivaldi, Miwa Akihiro, Nakajima Miyuki
|| COPYRIGHTS ||Guilleaume, Antoine © Charon
• tumblr • facebook • animexx